[Michlib-l] About that job posting

James Lenze jamesl at Gardencitymi.org
Tue Jun 6 09:30:09 EDT 2017

Just to play devil’s advocate, perhaps the applicant was given a copy of the job description printed from your website by a friend/relative.  If they did not print the posting, but only the job description…

So I would still look at the material submitted.  If any other red flags appear, or if the applicant does not look to be a top contender, then I would weed them from consideration.

BTW the link at the end of your job notice leads to a “Page not found”.

James B Lenze, Director
Garden City Public Library
jamesl at gardencitymi.org

From: ConnieJo Ozinga<mailto:cjozinga at commercelibrary.info>
Sent: Monday, June 5, 2017 1:59 PM
To: michlib-l at mcls.org<mailto:michlib-l at mcls.org>
Subject: [Michlib-l] About that job posting

A few weeks ago I posted a job listing on Michlib and my coop's job board.  The listing very clearly states that resume etc. should be submitted to the following email address.  The listing did not include any mailing address.  Today I received my second fat envelope full of paper in application for the job.

I have 3 reactions to this fat envelope.
1. This person does not do well at reading directions.
2. This person does know how to look up addresses.
3. The wastebasket.

How would you react? Am I wrong here?  Interested in your comments? Also note, that so far I have 20 apps.

Connie

--
Connie Jo Ozinga
Library Director

Raising a reader is: Talking * Singing * Reading * Writing *  Playing [X]

The information contained in this electronic message is intended only for the use of the designated recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use, dissemination, forwarding or copying of this message is strictly prohibited, and we request that you delete the original message and all attachments.