[Michlib-l] Square for card payments... yes or no?

Helena Hayes director at gcmdl.org
Fri Dec 22 12:41:37 EST 2017

Hello.

 Quick question for the collective... does your library accept credit
and/or debit cards for payments? If yes, do you use Square or something
else? If you use Square, please share your experience - pros, cons, etc. Do
you charge a fee or require a minimum charge?

 I'm trying to convince my Board that this is a good idea, but they are
resistant. We get requests at least a couple times a week, so I obviously
think it's a good idea from a customer service perspective. From what I've
read, I don't see any negatives, but I'd appreciate your honest feedback.

 Please reply off-list.

 Thanks.

  Helena Hayes, MLIS, Director
 Galesburg-Charleston Memorial District Library
 188 E. Michigan Ave.
 Galesburg, MI 49053

 Phone:    269-665-7839
 Fax:        269-665-7788