[Michlib-l] Holds

Anita Chouinard achouinard at tadl.org
Fri May 16 10:24:46 EDT 2014

Hi,

We went to a public hold shelf almost 2 years ago. It was bigger than our
old one, but we have already come across the problem of not enough room. We
hold items on our shelves for 7 days total and allow our patrons to reserve
40 items. We tried moving the holds for patrons with a lot of them behind
the desk, but after only a week had complaints about this. I am considering
shortening the time holds are held for or lower the number of holds they
can have.

Has anyone else ever had an issue with not enough space on their hold shelf
and what did you do to fix the issue? Any help or suggestions would be
greatly appreciated. Thank you.

--
Anita Chouinard
Circulation Coordinator