[Mcls-print-storage] MI-SPI Working Groups

Grudzien, Pamela A. grudz1pa at cmich.edu
Thu Sep 20 13:11:45 EDT 2018

Hello Everyone,

Thanks again to all who attended last Thursday's meeting.  Following up on our discussion about working groups,  I am sending a list of members and the charges to the groups.  This is what I have in my notes.

MOU WG:  Helen Levenson (Oakland), Elizabeth Psycke (GVSU)

Charge:  to finalize a recommended revision of the MI-SPI Memorandum of Understanding, incorporating recommendations received from the other three working groups.  Final MOU ready by mid-February 2019.

Validation WG:  Amie Pifer (CMU), Kathie Mason (EMU), Matt Buckley (SVSU)

Charge:  to make recommendations on a validation process and timeline for MI-SPI

Retention Commitment Statements (MARC 583) WG:  Pattie Luokkanen (MTU), Melissa James (CMU), Marianne Swierenga (WMU)

Charge:  to survey members on current 583 entries; distill this information to make recommendations on formatting for MI-SPI members and when & where to share the statements
(Beth Taylor from UM-Dearborn will share work done by a task force in 2016-17); to monitor the initiative to create a shared open retention data repository and make recommendations for MI-SPI engagement

Resource Sharing WG:  Bruce Sarjeant (NMU), Fran Rosen (FSU), another TBD

Charge:  to review current MI-SPI resource sharing policies, investigate other shared groups' policies, and make recommendations for any changes/additions; to monitor the initiative to  create a shared open retention data
repository and make recommendations for MI-SPI engagement in related resource sharing developments

Reports with recommendations  from Validation, Retention Statements, and Resource Sharing WGs are due before 21 November 2018.

If I'm missing anyone who volunteered, please let me know.   Next step is to set up meetings with the working groups to get things rolling.  Please stay tuned.

Thank you all for your continuing involvement in MI-SPI.

Best regards,
Pamela

Pamela Grudzien
MI-SPI Consultant/Project Coordinator