[Mcls-print-storage] MI-SPI fall meeting

Robert Kelly rkelly4 at emich.edu
Mon Sep 9 12:45:49 EDT 2013

There are also logistical issues with doing massive updates to records for those libraries participating in MEL.
Our cataloger has imposed a self limit of updating no more than 5,000 records a day on MEL. So adding the
583 note took EMU, 200K records/5K=40 days to get done.

We may have to work with MEL and amongst ourselves to manage any major reload of bibliographic data resulting from updating our records
due to new libraries coming in and assuming retention responsibility.

Bob