[Mcls-print-storage] Revised SPI MOU

Barbara J Cockrell barbara.cockrell at wmich.edu
Tue Mar 20 11:18:32 EDT 2012

All, Attached is a revised copy of the MOU based on input at the meeting and to address/clarify some issues that have cropped up since. I hope we have captured the ideas and intent expressed at the meeting. Please send any suggested edits back to me or to other members of the MOU team (Bob & Ellen). Revisions to the previous version of the MOU are highlighted in yellow . There's less substantive change than it appears at first glance but sometimes it was easier to revise a section rather than tweak it. There are also new sections covering the Role of MCLS , New Editions, Notifying Libraries about non-replacement or discard, Data Refresh, Addition of New Participants. We have also inserted a Guiding Principles section under the Project Goals to address the issue about what libraries are actually committing to for 15 years. Sections and phrases that are in red are recommendations from the team but were not specifically discussed/resolved at the meeting. Ideally we are trying to create a document that outlines expectations and allows us to proceed with local deselections with confidence. We don't necessarily need to resolve every issue at this time but its helpful to have a common understanding about the main issues. A followup discussion call can be arranged if necessary depending on the nature of responses. Thanks in advance for your help with this process, Barbara Dr Barbara Cockrell, Associate Dean for Collections & Technical Services, University Libraries, Western Michigan University, 1903, W. Michigan Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5353 phone 269-387-5143 fax 269-387-5077 'University Libraries: a recognized essential partner in enriching and elevating all aspects of scholarship at WMU'