[Michlib-l] Historical collection policies?

Kathleen Mutch kmmutch at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 19 11:45:24 EST 2018

Please share feedback with others on this list.

So many libraries do not have the funding to create, maintain, let alone staff, these collections in ways that can help prevent (or minimize) the damage or theft of often irreplaceable items.

Some collections of archival-value materials have been carefully stored, even catalogued, but are still awaiting a library or more permanent archival “home” for those materials. Owners, whether the preservationists or the librarians, do not want to see the results of their preservation efforts damaged or lost.
Thank you for reaching out to others dealing with these same challenges!

Kathleen Mutch
Corktown Experience

Sent from my iPhone