[Michlib-l] Accessing Online Content for Language Instruction Books

Lodge, Daniel dlodge at ci.dearborn.mi.us
Thu Jan 18 15:06:53 EST 2018

Greetings everyone!

I need opinions and input from people. In the past couple of months, a lot of language instruction books that have been published (e.g., the Teach Yourself and Dorling Kindersley brands) with important parts and content just online. Here's the issue; you need to create an account with each vendor in order to gain access to the online content.

I am bothered by that requirement.  I don't want patrons receiving junk email from accessing a library book; to me, it reflects badly on the Library.

What are people's opinions? Have you developed a workaround for this issue? Please let me know; I will be happy to make a list of people's responses.

Thank you very much in advance for your help and suggestions!

Dan Lodge
Librarian I Adult Services
Henry Ford Centennial Library
Dearborn, MI