[Michlib-l] Lifetime Bans

Keegan Sulecki ksulecki at chelseadistrictlibrary.org
Fri Jan 5 16:57:06 EST 2018

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping that you all might be kind enough to share some information
with me and our staff here at Chelsea District Library.

First, we would very much like to know if any of you have language in your
Patron Behavior policies that allows for lifetime/permanent bans of
patrons. If your policy does allow for a lifetime ban please share the
specific language including what infractions allow for a lifetime ban and
the process for implementing the ban. Also, what steps allow for a patron
to challenge their lifetime ban.

Second, we would very much like to know if you have ever enforced a
lifetime ban and the circumstances surrounding the ban, at least as far as
patron privacy allows you to share with me.

I would be happy to collect and share this information with other libraries
if they are interested. If libraries sharing information with me about
lifetime bans would like me to omit any information from this data
collection I would be happy to do that as well.

Have a great weekend and keep warm!

Sincerely,
Keegan
Keegan Sulecki
*Head of Information Services*
Chelsea District Library
p: 734.475.8732 X218 <(734)%20475-8732>
f: 734.475.6190 <(734)%20476-6190>
a: 221 S. Main Street | Chelsea | MI | 48118
w: chelseadistrictlibrary.org  e: ksulecki at chelseadistrictlibrary.org
<https://www.facebook.com/ChelseaDistrictLibrary/>
<https://twitter.com/ChelseaLibrary>