[Michlib-l] Whoa - I didn't know Patterson had another book out!

Melissa Huisman mhuisman at hudsonville.org
Tue Feb 27 12:50:25 EST 2018

This is a pretty simple question - but I'm interested in how folks deal with it:

How do you let non-computer savvy folks who like to just drop in and browse know about brand new titles that have come out?  Most of the time the best sellers get whisked away to fill a long hold list and they never get a chance to see it.

We have an odd system now where we keep the book on display for a week before we fill holds - but it seems like a shame to make folks wait.  All I can think to do is make a color copy of each book cover and put it on display in place of the book - but this seems like it would take a lot of ink.

Does someone at your library make a flyer each week showing a list of the new books with smaller cover art?

Any other ideas?

Melissa Huisman, Library Director
Gary Byker Memorial Library of Hudsonville
3338 Van Buren Street, Hudsonville MI  49426
Phone:  616-669-1255 X 5   Fax:  616-669-5150
Email:  mhuisman at hudsonville.org