[Michlib-l] National Library Legislative Day

Membiela, Clare (MDE) MembielaC at michigan.gov
Tue Feb 20 14:14:47 EST 2018

Hi:

National Library Legislative Day is May 7-8 2018.

Michigan's delegation is over 20 participants!

However, the more voices we have, the LOUDER we can be!

Why should you consider joining us?

  *   Because IMLS<https://www.imls.gov/news-events/news-releases/imls-director-dr-kathryn-k-matthews-statement-presidents-proposed-fy-2019> (and therefore LSTA<http://www.ala.org/news/press-releases/2018/02/white-house-budget-proposal-continues-miscalculate-value-libraries>) are still in jeopardy! (In Michigan IMLS/LSTA funding pays for MeL, as a start)
  *   Because Net Neutrality<http://www.ala.org/advocacy/telecom/netneutrality>  & Rural Internet Access<http://www.ala.org/advocacy/advleg/federallegislation/telecommunications> are STILL important!
  *   Because our Legislators may not know how current issues can affect Michigan Libraries.
  *   Because our communities depend on us.
  *   Because every child deserves a local library.
  *   Because Libraries NEED ADVOCATES!!
  *   Because NO ONE CAN TELL YOUR MICHIGAN LIBRARY STORY LIKE YOU CAN!
  *   Because it doesn't have to cost as much as you think!
  *   Because there are more Becauses!!!

Would you like to know more?

SEE http://www.ala.org/advocacy/advleg/nlld  For information on what NLLD is and what you can expect.
CHECK OUT  http://galesupport.com/legislativeday/ for information on how you can obtain a SCHOLARSHIP to help with expenses.
ASK: Contact me at membielac at michigan.gov<mailto:membielac at michigan.gov> and I would love to tell you all about Michigan's participation and plans for DC!

SIGN UP:  Absolutely can't come to DC?  You can still tell your story! Join the "Virtual Legislative Day<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeoCD9w-1OKOWajEEBJ0szHhJK2Kohcv-v4knnfHQXSOka4YQ/viewform>"

We look forward to seeing you in DC!!

Clare

Clare D. Membiela, MLS, J.D.
Library Law Consultant
Library of Michigan
MembielaC at michigan.gov<mailto:MembielaC at michigan.gov>
517-335-8132

The research and resources above are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem.

[cte-horiz-michigan]   [cte month resized for signature] <http://www.acteonline.org/ctemonth>

February is Career and Technical Education Month in Michigan
www.michigan.gov/octe<http://www.michigan.gov/octe>