[Michlib-l] Service animals and emotional support animals

Samantha Downes sdownes at northvillelibrary.org
Tue Feb 13 15:29:29 EST 2018

I found this on the Michigan.gov website about the difference between service animals and emotional support animals. Emotional support animals are NOT covered by ADA law so you can turn emotional support animals away from the library if you choose. I think it can be up to your library to decide how to handle these situations.

[ https://www.michigan.gov/documents/mdcr/FAQs-4-15-16-Final_521982_7.pdf | https://www.michigan.gov/documents/mdcr/FAQs-4-15-16-Final_521982_7.pdf ]

Samantha Downes
Adult Services Librarian
Northville District Library