[Michlib-l] Michiganders on the Road's Life of Lincoln Tour is July 27-30. Sign up today.

HSM Main hsm at hsmichigan.org
Fri Apr 27 15:07:07 EDT 2018

cid:image002.jpg at 01D2700F.B8241B00

Experience an in-depth look at the life of one of America's greatest
presidents with our "Life of Lincoln" motor coach tour.

Life of Lincoln Tour
July 27-30, 2018 . Friday to Monday

This 4-day, 3-night tour includes a special visit to the new Abraham Lincoln
Presidential Library and Museum in Springfield, Illinois. We'll also tour
Lincoln's New Salem State Historic Site, the Lincoln Home in Springfield,
the Lincoln Tomb in Oak Ridge Cemetery, and much more!

<https://hsmichigan.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Lincoln-tour-with-MCSS.pd
f> Download the detailed itinerary

<http://hsmichigan.org/programs/michiganders-on-the-road/life-lincoln-tour-r
egistration/> Go to online registration

<https://hsmichigan.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Lincoln-tour-with-MCSS-re
gistration-form.pdf> Download the registration form

Experience the areas Abraham Lincoln called home! Tour Illinois' picturesque
Old State Capitol! Explore New Salem, where Lincoln lived as a young man!
Enjoy a guided tour of Lincoln's home! The "Life of Lincoln" motor coach
tour is a favorite among past participants, and we invite you to come along.
We always have a great time, learn a lot, meet wonderful people, and eat far
more than is good for us!

$625*

*Includes motor coach transportation; all lodging; all dinners and
breakfasts, plus one boxed lunch on the motor coach; and all admission fees,
taxes, and gratuities. Membership in either the Historical Society of
Michigan or the Michigan Council for the Social Studies is required. Price
is per person based on double occupancy.

  _____

cid:image001.jpg at 01CF8A43.BF828E40

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan is our state's oldest cultural
organization, founded in 1828 by territorial governor Lewis Cass and
explorer Henry Schoolcraft. A nongovernmental nonprofit, the Society focuses
on publications, conferences, education, awards and recognition programming,
and support for local history organizations to preserve and promote
Michigan's rich history.

  _____

For more information on the Historical Society of Michigan, please visit
<http://www.hsmichigan.org/> www.hsmichigan.org or e-mail us at
<mailto:hsm at hsmichigan.org> hsm at hsmichigan.org.

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan

5815 Executive Dr. . Lansing, MI 48911

Phone: (517) 324-1828 . FAX: (517) 324-4370

Here is a list of our other tours.

<http://hsmichigan.org/programs/michiganders-on-the-road/founding-america-to
ur/> Founding of America Tour

9 days, 8 nights
June 6-14, 2018
Wednesday to the next Thursday

$1,995 per person

  _____

 <http://hsmichigan.org/programs/michiganders-on-the-road/maritime-tour/>
Michigan Maritime Tour

4 days, 3 nights
July 14-17, 2018
Saturday to Tuesday

$699 per person

  _____

Color & Culture: A New England Sampler

9 days, 8 nights

October 6-14, 2018

Saturday to the next Sunday

Details and registration coming soon!

  _____

 <http://hsmichigan.org/programs/michiganders-on-the-road/>

The Michiganders on the Road motor coach tour program was developed by HSM
to allow participants to experience the culture and heritage of all 50
states. The excursions are not "cookie cutter" tours. Each and every tour is
planned, executed, and guided by Robert Myers, HSM's assistant director for
education programs and events. When planning the adventures, Myers keeps in
mind what history enthusiasts look for in their road trips so that the
experience meets expectations.

This e-mail is sent to our members and friends to keep you updated on
historical activities and opportunities to learn more about our state's
history. To opt-out, please respond to this e-mail with "remove" in the
subject line.