[Michlib-l] Job: Digital Strategies Librarian (Kalamazoo)
Elizabeth.Lorbeer at med.wmich.edu
Tue Apr 10 11:09:57 EDT 2018
Are you our next Library Digital Strategist? We are a library team that supports each other's dreams, ideas, experiments, and professional successes. We believe in each other, and offer a nurturing environment where anything is possible if you can build it. Our student approval rating is 95%. Want to know more? We're located in Kalamazoo, Michigan, read on...https://careers-wmich.icims.com/jobs/1299/library-digital-strategist/job Review of applications begins immediately.
Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine has a great opportunity for a Library Digital Strategist. You would work as a member of the library's team to develop, support and manage web-based systems and services, including the library's website and digital collections. Responsible for creating robust systems that facilitate search, discovery, curation, and the delivery of library services and content in an agile environment. Be able to create and maintain cross-platform designs to provide cross-platform navigation for the library's digital solutions. This person should understand how to maintain the integrity and reliability of the library's virtual presence and its resources.
* Leads the development and management of the library's digital architecture to support web-based systems and dissemination of digital content.
* Administers, customizes and maintains the library's EZ Proxy server and configuration, and all cloud-based library service platforms, including BrowZine, DOCLINE, Google Analytics, ILLiad, ProQuest Intota, and SpringShare LibGuides, LibCal and LibAnalytics.
* Recommend and implement software solutions that are compatible with and complementary to the current library systems.
* Evaluates information resources and integrates new technologies in the delivery of health information services.
* Interacts and consults with IT staff in implementing and maintaining the library's technical infrastructure.
* Serves as the primary contact to all the library's systems vendors. Works with vendors to track and resolve problems that cannot be addressed in-house.
* Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of library services, policies and procedures.
* Assists the library director in the extraction of data and statistics from library web based systems.
* Experience providing support to end users.
* Demonstrated interest and aptitude for technologies relevant to medical education and clinical practice.
* Advises library staff of current trends in library system technologies and mobile technologies.
* High degree of organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
* Troubleshoot functionality issues and resolve access errors for electronic resources.
* Willingness to contribute to the profession through scholarly publications and professional service activities.
* Ability to work occasional rotations for evening and weekend hours as scheduled.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree, with a technical major and/or a minimum three years' experience in library systems administration.
* Master's degree in a program accredited by the American Library Association preferred.
* Ability to effectively manage the lifecycle of the library's electronic resources, including acquisition, access, administration, support, and evaluation with a specialization in demand-driven systems.
* Knowledgeable of web design practices, including navigation, information architecture, and usability.
* Experience in setting up, providing access to, and troubleshooting issues with electronic resources through cloud-based service platforms, proxy server, and OpenURL linking.
* Advanced knowledge and proficiency in using personal computer equipment and related software.
About Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine
As a newer US medical school, WMed is an exciting environment to pursue an academic career. The medical school is a collaboration of Western Michigan University and Kalamazoo's two teaching hospitals, Borgess Health and Bronson Healthcare. Planning for the new medical school began in 2008 and achieved full accreditation of the MD program by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education in 2018, and candidate status for institutional accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission in 2016. The school welcomed its inaugural class in August 2014, and is a private 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation supported by private gifts, clinical revenue, research activity, tuition, and endowment income. The home of the new medical school includes the WMU Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine Clinics, a modern 60,000-square foot clinical building on the Oakland Drive Campus, and a 350,000-square foot educational building in downtown Kalamazoo located on the W.E. Upjohn M.D. Campus. The building, donated by MPI Research, underwent a $68 million renovation and expansion project, including a 24,000 state-of-the-art Simulation Center. In 2016, an additional $10 million expansion created two floors supporting clinical and laboratory research, and the medical school acquired the Innovation Center, a 69,000-square foot, purpose-built incubator and co-working space, located on the Parkview Campus.
There are more than 200 residents and fellows in nine residencies and three fellowships accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). WMed is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) for continuing medical education.
Kalamazoo is a wonderful and vibrant city, located midway between Chicago and Detroit. It is a short distance from Lake Michigan, and home to two nationally ranked institutions of higher learning, Western Michigan University and Kalamazoo College. Kalamazoo is known for its community focus and emphasis on access to quality education at all levels. The Kalamazoo Promise is a nationally renowned program in which graduates of Kalamazoo Public Schools receive free tuition to attend public and private colleges in Michigan. At the other end of the educational continuum, the Kalamazoo Ready 4s program ensures that every 4-year-old in Kalamazoo County has the opportunity to attend a high-quality pre-kindergarten program, regardless of ability to pay. Kalamazoo and Michigan provide extensive entertainment and recreational activities, including opportunities to enjoy the outdoors, unique restaurants and shops, and a strong culture supporting the arts.
Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer of females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans, and actively strives to increase diversity within its community. We provide a drug- and tobacco-free workplace.
EEO Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans.
Apply here: https://careers-wmich.icims.com/jobs/1299/library-digital-strategist/job
Posted on April 10, 2018
Elizabeth Lorbeer at med.wmich.edu<mailto:Lorbeer at med.wmich.edu>
This electronic message is intended for the named recipient(s) only, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the named recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Michlib-l