[Michlib-l] Staff Recognition Programs / Ideas

Darlene Hellenberg darlene at ferndalepubliclibrary.org
Tue Apr 10 10:44:47 EDT 2018

Hello Library Land,

We've been running a program we call Staff Ultimate Warrior here at
Ferndale for about 5 years. Basically, staff write out kudos for each other
and every month the results are tallied and the staff member who went above
and beyond is the month's Ultimate Warrior. It was very successful for a
while but we've noticed a drop in participation over the last year. We're
looking to switch things up and are wondering what you do at your libraries
to recognize staff.

We'd like to know:

How you recognize staff for a job well done?

Do you have a regular program (like employee of the month) or other similar
program? Tell us about it.

How do you involve staff in recognizing their peers?

Thank you!
--
Darlene Hellenberg
Assistant Director