[Michlib-l] Youth/Teen Services Updates (please feel free to fwd to co-workers)

Lancaster, Catherine (MDE) LancasterC5 at michigan.gov
Fri Apr 6 16:52:22 EDT 2018

CSLP
Gillian Streeter from Muskegon Area District Library and I will be attending the 2018 Annual Meeting April 9-12th.  Keep an eye on Michlib-L for any last minute questions/voting I might send out.  I appreciate and use YOUR feedback!  We were able to do most of the voting online this year pre-meeting and results are as follows:
2020: Theme/Fairytales, Mythology, Fantasy; Artist/LeUyen Pham
2021: Theme/Animals; Artist/Salina Yoon
2022: Theme/World-Social Justice-Unity-Kindness-Inclusion-Change-Diversity-Equity-Make a difference-Embrace different cultures; Artist/Sophie Blackall

RTRM Survey
The Library of Michigan, and our supporters the Institute of Museum and Library Services and the Consumers Energy Foundation, need your feedback!  Please take about 10 minutes to complete the 2018 RTRM survey<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTgwMzI5Ljg3NzE2NDExJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE4MDMyOS44NzcxNjQxMSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3NTA1MTAxJmVtYWlsaWQ9TGFuY2FzdGVyQzVAbWljaGlnYW4uZ292JnVzZXJpZD1MYW5jYXN0ZXJDNUBtaWNoaWdhbi5nb3YmZmw9JmV4dHJhPU11bHRpdmFyaWF0ZUlkPSYmJg==&&&101&&&https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2018rtrm> and be sure to include any stories or quotes from outreach or from patrons on the Ready to Read Michigan program.  Your responses are important in how the Library of Michigan shapes and funds this program in the future.

Upcoming Webinar
Join Sara Harmon, Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) Consultant, on this free webinar<https://www.solutionwhere.com/WW/Aspx/Public/Search/ShowCourse.aspx?courseNum=115&cId=67&pCId=0> brought to you by the Library of Michigan and the Michigan Department of Education  to learn more about Meet Up & Eat Up. The Michigan Department of Education aims to feed the whole child the whole year. Learn about expanding the SFSP to your area. The webinar will cover SFSP basics, requirements for sponsors who operate the SFSP, sites who provide healthy meals to children, and site activity options.  A great way to collaborate with organizations in your community while helping to cut hunger.