[Michlib-l] Responses Bindery Recommendations

Kelly Bennett kelly at ferndalepubliclibrary.org
Fri Apr 6 16:29:28 EDT 2018

Here's the compiled responses:

Kelly,

  I have used Bessenberg Bindery out of Dexter for binding old books. They
do a very professional job and they are not outrageous. Here's the website:

www.bessenberg.com

  Call and talk with them before you go. You can stop in to see the books
they've done for us, if you want.

Wendy Mutch

--

The HF Group has been good for us, but now, the order has to be at least
$100.

http://www.hfgroup.com/  They’re pretty reasonable, though.

Mimi Herrington, Director
Bad Axe Area District Library
200 S. Hanselman Street
Bad Axe, MI 48413
<https://maps.google.com/?q=200+S.+Hanselman+%0D%0AStreet+Bad+Axe,+MI+48413+989&entry=gmail&source=g>
989
<https://maps.google.com/?q=200+S.+Hanselman+%0D%0AStreet+Bad+Axe,+MI+48413+989&entry=gmail&source=g>.269.8538
(Phone)
989.269.2411 (Fax)
www.badaxelibrary.org

--

Hi Kelly:

I highly recommend Leonard's Books Restoration http://www.leonardsbooks.com/.
We have had work done on precious historical items and have been most
satisfied.  Yes, they will do just one item.  They are very easy to work
with and, I feel, reasonable in price.  You package the items up, send them
off with an order form (can get on their Web page).  They let you know when
the item is received and respond within a few days with an estimate.  If
you don't wish to move forward, they'll simply return.  If you wish to move
forward, they'll give you an estimated date of completion and let you know
when the item is ready.  You can pay with a credit card or send a check.

All people that I communicated with were pleasant and knowledgeable.
Again, we were pleased with the work.

--

Hi Kelly,

We use TLN's bindery service. We're very happy. $7 per book (or something
close to that).

Matt

Matt Church, Library Director
Berkley Public Library
3155 Coolidge Hwy
<https://maps.google.com/?q=3155+Coolidge+Hwy&entry=gmail&source=g>.
Berkley, MI 48072
248-658-3449
mchurch at berkley.lib.mi.us
www.berkley.lib.mi.us

--

Kelly
Marlo Broad at the Alpena County Library does old book repair. The library

--

Hi Kelly

We use the HF Group   http://www.hfgroup.com/

We have a contract. I don't know if they will do a few volumes.  They do
have a service for creating archival boxes that are sized for the book.

 Here is a link for info on that service
http://ecsconservation.com/services/archival-enclosures/

We have gotten the KASEbox Fluted boxes. They work well.

I hope this helps.  Beth

Beth Taylor
Head, Technical Services
Mardigian Library