[Michlib-l] Question I received about circulating petitions

Dan Hutchins danthutchins at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 23 08:45:41 EDT 2017

Hi Kat,My understanding is this comes down to the library's policy. My policy states that petitioners must keep themselves at least 50 feet from the library's doors. The idea is that the library should remain neutral in the political process, being careful not to appear to endorse any point-of-view and that petitioners should not interfere with customers quiet enjoyment of the library or their right to privacy. I've attached Harrison's policy to this email for reference.BTW, I know you were interim for an extended period of time. Congratulations on being named director...you deserve it!
Dan Hutchins, Director
Harrison Township Public Library
38255 L'Anse Creuse Ste. A
Harrison Township, MI 48045