[Michlib-l] NEW To Michigan Activity Pass: Michigan Railroad History Museum/Durand Union Station

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Tue Mar 28 14:19:36 EDT 2017

All,

I am pleased to announce MAP partner number 426, Michigan Railroad History Museum at Durand Union Station http://www.durandstation.org/ They will go live with MAP on May 24, 2017. There is a saying that "good things come to those who wait." Indeed, I have been recruiting MRHM/DUS since the inception of statewide MAP. That was five years ago. The note from the director of MRHM/DUS to me started off with "Jim, you've worn me down!" In my reply to him I noted as to how the occasional train theme related posts that we make to the MAP Facebook page, which by the way surpassed 4,000 likes this week, are always among our most popular topics when it comes to number of shares https://www.facebook.com/MIActivityPass/ He agreed that for museums such as his which do not charge an admission fee, MAP represents a good source of additional, free publicity. Please keep this in mind when you are recruiting MAP prospects in your service territory :)

Thank you for your support and promotion of the Michigan Activity Pass program.

Sincerely,

Jim Flury

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager