[Michlib-l] CPL Job Posting
sharmas at cantonpl.org
Tue Jun 27 12:06:43 EDT 2017
Canton Public Library currently has a new position open with the Circulation Services Department (now through July 05, 2017.) Following are the main details of the position along with the Job description and requirements.
Job Title: Page I
Supervisor: Denise Skopczynski, Page Supervisor
Starting Wage: $ 9.13 per hour
Scheduled Hours: Twenty (20) hours per week
Schedules: Monday through Thursday: 4-9 PM; Saturday or Sunday: 1-6 PM
Benefits: Prorated: Vacation time, Sick time and Holidays
Apply to: Marian Nicholson, Department Head - Business Services
Email: nicholsonm at cantonpl.org<mailto:nicholsonm at cantonpl.org>
Application Deadline: 9:00 pm on Wednesday, July 5, 2017
Application packets must include: a cover letter, an official CPL employment application (available at cantonpl.org<https://www.cantonpl.org/sites/default/files/CPL_Employment_Application.pdf>) and a resume. Only complete application packets (which include a current CPL application form<https://www.cantonpl.org/sites/default/files/CPL_Employment_Application.pdf>, resume and cover letter) received or postmarked by 9:00 pm on Wednesday, July 5, 2017 will be considered. Incomplete application packets will not be reviewed.
Under the management of the Circulation Services Department Head, the Page is responsible for accurate and efficient check in, reshelving, and retrieval of library materials. The Page may assist other staff to perform clerical duties associated with managing the hold shelf and processing circulation notices and assisting library patrons as necessary. Due to the varied responsibilities, this position is differentiated by grade, based on job functions. This position is classified as a regular part-time position and is non-exempt from overtime. The nature of the work requires evening and weekend hours.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Regularly empty book drops and bins according to established schedule, or more frequently as directed.
* Examine materials for completeness and condition and follow established procedures for processing.
* Accurately check in items using the library's automated system.
* Place items in correct location on library shelves, hold shelves, appropriate carts, or other appropriate area, following established procedures.
* Maintain correct order on library shelves by periodically performing shelf reading. While shelving, correct shelving errors as they are discovered.
* Maintain established shelving quota.
* Explain to patrons the purchase and use of copy cards, and assist in their use.
* Assist patrons who ask for help in public areas, referring them to other staff or departments as needed.
* Assess and direct workflow in Sorting Area as needed.
* Assist in opening or closing of library (specific shifts).
* Maintain neat and orderly library appearance throughout each shift.
* Stay informed of library news and events via review of all forms of library communication: website, email, SharePoint, library newsletter and blog. Contribute content as appropriate.
* Enforce library policies using a polite and professional approach.
* Accept special assignments or duties in support of the library's goals and objectives.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
* Basic general knowledge and ability to respond to simple oral and written communication, such as typically gained through a high school education.
* Ability to accurately sort and shelf alphabetically and numerically.
* Ability to work independently without close supervision after training is complete.
* Ability to operate computers and computer software.
* Ability to understand and follow detailed instructions.
* Punctuality and dependability.
* Consistent display of public service attitude that reflects the library's values.
* Ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential library matters.
* Prior experience in a public library or comparable customer service experience.
* Sufficient physical agility to stand, walk, bend, stoop, reach, sit, lift up to 25 lbs., and push carts weighing up to 200 lbs.
* Manual dexterity and visual acuity sufficient to grab, hold, and shelve materials and read small print on labels.
* Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing which permits the employee to communicate in writing and verbally.
* Sufficient vision which permits the employee to produce and review a wide variety of materials in both electronic and hard copy form.
* Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions in a fast-paced environment.
The above is intended to describe the major responsibilities and requirements for this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. This job description is not a contract between the library and the employee. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload. The library reserves the right to revise this job description at its discretion.
The Canton Public Library is an EEO employer.
sharmas at cantonpl.org<mailto:sharmas at cantonpl.org>
Canton Public Library<http://www.cantonpl.org/>
1200 S. Canton Center Rd., Canton, MI 48188
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 2659 bytes
More information about the Michlib-l