[Michlib-l] JOB POSTING: Academic Librarian at Interlochen Center for the Arts
beth.gourley at interlochen.org
Fri Jun 9 11:26:56 EDT 2017
Interlochen Center for the Arts is looking to hire a full-time Academic
The Seabury Academic Library serves the many arts and academic programs at
both Interlochen Arts Camp and Interlochen Arts Academy in a variety of
The library staff
- builds meaningful relationships with faculty, staff and students.
- assists patrons in finding information.
- provides a collection that reflects and anticipates patron’s needs.
- creates a welcoming and inviting atmosphere.
This position works closely with the Bonisteel Library Director and other
library staff members in order to provide these services to the ICA
community. Evening and weekend hours may be required for this position.
- Seeking an innovative and results-oriented librarian whose vision
supports the delivery of comprehensive library services.
- Provide a high level of reference, research assistance, instruction
and technical support to our users
- Employ best practices of teaching and learning for integrating
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with
faculty, staff, and students
- Participate in the development and maintenance of website content,
tutorials, and other relevant library aids
- Oversee the ILS and Ebsco Discovery
- Oversee cataloging and processing of materials
- Manage Interlibrary Services, Michigan e-library electronic resource
management, online collections, and digital services projects
- Recommend and provide support implementing new and emerging
technologies and processes
- Supervise high school community service students
- Collaborate with other library staff on the selection of materials for
- Assist in the collection of data and preparation of reports
- Participate in school-wide committee work when applicable
- Supervises community service students and summer interns
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must possess an ALA-accredited MLS or MLIS
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of a variety of library
- Cataloging experience with knowledge of OCLC Connexion: skilled in
using OCLC, knowledge of MARC and RDA, assigning subject headings and
- Evidence of the ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Proficient in using and teaching search techniques and library
- Knowledgeable in both the current and future trends and practices in
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot various tech equipment
- Desired qualifications include experience with Libguide and an
undergraduate degree in an arts-related field
A competitive salary and benefits package is being offered, commensurate
with experience and qualifications.
To apply go to http://www.interlochen.org/careers
Under Current Employment Opportunities
Required documents for application are: cover letter/letter of interest,
resume and a current listing of three references. You can upload these
documents during the submission of the application process by selecting
"Apply and continue to upload documents" button. Please upload your
documents in a pdf format.
Review of materials will commence immediately and continue until the
position has been filled. Materials submitted will be held in strictest
confidence, and references will not be contacted without the permission of
*Director of Libraries*
Interlochen Center for the Arts
E: beth.gourley at interlochen.org <beth.gourley at interlochen.org>
Interlochen Arts Camp | Arts Academy | College of Creative Arts | Presents
| Public Radio
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Michlib-l