[Michlib-l] Vacation, PTO, Sick leave benefit policies

Andrea Ingmire aingpwpl at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 16:50:33 EST 2017

Hi everyone,
We are in discussion with our local union regarding accrued time, PTO
liability and other benefits related to paid leave.  If you would be
willing to share your policies/contracts we are looking for examples!

Primarily interested in: accumulation rates for leave (vacation, sick, PTO
etc), leave caps, what carries over year to year, yearly leave conversion
(to pay, retirement plans etc), long term disability plans, and end of
employment payouts.

We are carrying a fair bit of PTO liability and are looking for ways to
continue to offer excellent benefits to our dedicated staff while not
carrying such a large liability.  Its a delicate balance :)
All examples and suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks

*Andrea IngmireLibrary DirectorPeter White Public Library*
(906) 226-4303 (office)
(906) 250-0080 (cell)
(906) 226-1783 (fax)
*http://pwpl.info/ <http://pwpl.info/>*