[Michlib-l] Reference Books give away

Karrie Yukon kyukon at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 16:47:58 EDT 2017

Hi,

We have some reference books to give away.  Let me know if you want any,
and I will get them to you.  Please let me know by September 1.

Here is a list of titles:

TITLE      Genreflecting : a guide to reading interests in genre fiction /
Diana Tixier Herald.

CALL #   REFERENCE 809.308 HER

TITLE      World historical fiction : an annotated guide to novels for
adults and young adults / by Lynda G. Adamson.

CALL #   REFERENCE 809.3081 ADA

TITLE      Christian fiction : a guide to the genre / John Mort.

CALL #   REFERENCE 809.3085 MOR

TITLE      Fantasy and horror : a critical and historical guide to
literature, illustration, film, TV, radio, and the Internet / edited by
Neil Barron.

CALL #   REFERENCE 809.387 FAN

TITLE      Detectionary : a biographical dictionary of leading characters
in detective and mystery fiction, including famous and little-known
sleuths, their helpers, rogues, both heroic and sinister, and some of their
most memorable adventures, as recounted in novels, short stories, and films
/ compiled by Otto Penzler ... [et al.] ; edited by Otto Penzler, Chris
Steinbrunner & Marvin Lachman.

CALL #   REFERENCE 809.3872 DET

TITLE      Sleuths, sidekicks and stooges : an annotated bibliography of
detectives, their assistants and their rivals in crime, mystery and
adventure fiction, 1795-1995 / Joseph Green and Jim Finch.

CALL #   REFERENCE 809.3872 GRE

TITLE      The ultimate guide to science fiction : an A-Z of
science-fiction books by title / David Pringle.

CALL #   REFERENCE 809.3876 PRI

TITLE      The ultimate guide to science fiction : an A-Z of
science-fiction books by title / David Pringle.

CALL #   REFERENCE 809.3876 PRI

TITLE      Detecting women 3 : a reader's guide and checklist for mystery
series written by women / Willetta L. Heising.

CALL #   REFERENCE 809.3872 HEI

TITLE      The Oxford companion to crime and mystery writing / editor in
chief, Rosemary Herbert ; editors, Catherine Aird, John M. Reilly.

CALL #   REFERENCE 809.3872 HER

TITLE      Hooked on horror : a guide to reading interests in horror
fiction / Anthony J. Fonseca and June Michele Pulliam ; foreword by Stine
Fletcher.

CALL #   REFERENCE 809.3873 FON

TITLE      The Encyclopedia of fantasy / edited by John Clute and John
Grant ; contributing editors: Mike Ashley et al. ; consultant editors:
David G. Hartwell, Gary Westfahl.

CALL #   REFERENCE 809.3876 ENC

TITLE      Gothic writers : a critical and bibliographical guide / edited
by Douglass H. Thomson, Jack G. Voller, and Frederick S. Frank.

CALL #   REFERENCE 809.3873 GOT

TITLE      The Encyclopedia of science fiction / edited by John Clute and
Peter Nicholls ; contributing editor Brian Stableford ; technical editor
John Grant.

CALL #   REFERENCE 809.3876 ENC

TITLE      Science fiction writers : critical studies of the major authors
from the early nineteenth century to the present day / Richard Bleiler,
editor in chief.

CALL #   REFERENCE 809.3876 SCI

Thanks.

Karrie