[Michlib-l] Did you survive eclipse day??

Valerie Meyerson vmeyerson at petoskeylibrary.org
Tue Aug 22 12:19:32 EDT 2017

We also survived! It did take all of our energies to keep smiles on our faces - but we all made it to the end. We started this adventure with over 1000 glasses. We held back 200 for our viewing party. The phones rang non-stop all Monday morning (not to mention the 1,000s of calls the previous week).  I was astounded at the turnout. At our event we handed out one pair of glasses per family or per party - to make them last. We asked that people return the glasses when they left the library grounds so other people could get a glimpse. We estimate we had about 600 people in attendance. Everyone shared marvelously. We only had a few grumpy people that were upset with us for not having enough glasses and for not being allowed to take them off grounds.

All in all it was a great turnout - most everyone was truly appreciative of us providing them the viewing venue.
I would definitely do this again - but I would save all the glasses for our event!

Val Meyerson
Petoskey District Library