[Michlib-l] Director Contracts

ConnieJo Ozinga cjozinga at commercelibrary.info
Fri Sep 23 10:59:31 EDT 2016

I had a contract in a previous director job.  It was very simple, will work
for the following period of time for the following salary. It was renewed
once a year at my evaluation and was always renewed for two years.  Any
benefits or other things that were different from the library's standard
benefit package were covered in a separate memorandum of understanding at
the time of hire.

Superintendent contracts are common, might be a place to search for
examples.

Connie

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 10:34 AM, Nannette Miller <erlib.director at gmail.com>
wrote:

> This has always been very confusing for me. I have always been an "At
> Will" employee and have never had a contract, but thought there should be
> something spelling out benefits, etc. besides the Personnel Policy. Val,
> will you please share responses with me? I would like to know what other
> libraries do about director contracts.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Nannette Miller
> Elk Rapids District Library
>
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 11:39 AM, Valerie Meyerson <
> vmeyerson at petoskeylibrary.org> wrote:
>
>> Wondering if any directors have an employee contract with their board. If
>> you do, would you please share a copy of it with me?
>>
>> vmeyerson at petoskeylibrary.org
>>

>> Thank you.
>>

>> *_________________________________________________________________________________*
>>
>> *Valerie Meyerson, Library Director*
>>
>> Petoskey District Library
>>
>> 231.758.3120
>>

>> *Please think about the environment before printing this message.*

> --
>
> Nannette Miller | Director
> Elk Rapids District Library
> 231.264.9979 | erlib.director at gmail.com | elkrapidslibrary.org

Connie Jo Ozinga
Library Director
Commerce Township Community Library
2869 N Pontiac Trail
Commerce, MI 48390
(248) 669-8108 x101
www.commercelibrary.info

Raising a reader is: Talking * Singing * Reading * Writing *  Playing

--
The information contained in this electronic message is intended only for
the use of the designated recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not