[Michlib-l] World Sight Day: Promote Awareness At Your Library!

Wambaugh, Stephanie (LARA) WambaughS at michigan.gov
Thu Oct 13 16:44:08 EDT 2016

Today, October 13th,  is World Sight Day. Many Michigan residents suffer from visual impairment or blindness. The Michigan Braille and Talking Book Library (BTBL) is devoted to providing recreational reading materials to people with vision loss in audio or braille format. Patrons do NOT have to be blind to use our FREE service! Most people who struggle to read standard print would qualify to receive our audio or braille books right to their mailbox (or via download!). Please pass our information on to anyone that you believe may qualify. Losing your sight doesn't have to mean losing the joy of reading-our motto is "That All May Read".

Please use this day to spread awareness about blindness and vision impairment by posting the attached images to your library website or social media page with a short explanation about World Sight Day or the BTBL service. Also, continue to focus on these issues for the entire month of October, which is National Blindness Awareness Month.

Thank you,
Stephanie Wambaugh
Reader Advisor, Outreach & Youth Librarian
BSBP Braille & Talking Book Library
P.O. Box 30007
702 W. Kalamazoo St.
Lansing, MI 48909-7507