[Michlib-l] Records Retention Management

Katie Simpson ksimpson at lib.lapeer.org
Thu Oct 13 14:16:10 EDT 2016

Hi Everyone,

Our library is looking to begin converting all our paper files into an electronic database. Our plan is to begin using an electronic system to organize all the files that would allow us to easily sort though as well as to enter a creation and destroy date based on our records retention schedule. We are looking for any feedback you have. Are you using a program like this or just saving the files within your network? What programs are you using? What are the pros/cons? Do you feel like the cost is reasonable for the service provided? Any additional information?

Thank you!

Katie Simpson
Business Manager
Lapeer District Library