[Michlib-l] Author events?

Laura J. Kraly lkraly at loutitlibrary.org
Thu Oct 6 13:25:45 EDT 2016

Hi Ed (and Michlib-l),

We're having one on Saturday, October 15th (just 9 days away!) and I have
25 authors signed up to participate. I view it as giving an "equal playing
field" showcase to local authors, who may not be able to sustain a solo
event, and as fostering connections between authors. When I did them at
Springfield Township I think the authors may have had more fun than the
patrons - they made a lot of good connections with other writers.

If this goes well here at Loutit, I'll consider doing them twice a year
(spring and fall) since we have so many writers in the area.

Laura

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 7:11 PM, Ed Burns <
edburnsiii at ferndalepubliclibrary.org> wrote:

> Good day.  I had a local author call and ask if I know of any libraries
> that have events where multiple authors come, and sit at tables selling
> their books and talking to people.  He said he’d participated in one in
> Monroe.  We had one here a few years ago, but don’t have another one
> planned.  Figured I’d put this out there and see if any of you folks are
> getting one together.
>

> Thank you.
>

> Ed
>
> --