[Michlib-l] off-loading VHS

Ms. TJ Smith libdirector at shermantwplib.org
Tue Oct 4 17:42:56 EDT 2016

Hello all-

We have finally decided to retire our VHS and audio-cassette collections. My Board would like to see the items still in use in some way. We offered them in a sale to patrons and only sold 5 of several hundred... We are now looking to off-load the remainder of the collection. I even have a Board member willing to drive the collection to its new home. This size donation would likely overwhelm our local Salvation Army and/or Goodwill stores. I'm contacting our local schools as well, but they are likely to only be interested in a small selection of what we have. Does anyone know of an organization, library, school, or other place that would be happy to inherit a tape collection? Please reply off-list.

Thanks!

Ms. TJ Smith
Library Director
Sherman Township Library