[Michlib-l] Handling Faxes

Kelly Bennett kelly at ferndalepubliclibrary.org
Mon Oct 3 17:10:44 EDT 2016

1. Yes (we use FAX24)
2. No (it's in the same room as our self-service copy machine, very close
to the Circulation Desk)
3. We tell patrons that inquire about faxing that it is a self-service
machine and give them basic directions but tell them that if they need
help, they can see someone at the desk. If a patron insists on help before
trying it, we will help.
4. For incoming faxes, patrons can have them sent to our staff machine for
$1.00 a page. It's a relatively rare occurrence, and those that do it will
call ahead so that we can look out for it and set it aside for them to pick
up.

Kelly Bennett
Head of Circulation, Ferndale Area District Library
Ferndale, MI