[Michlib-l] Research in Public Libraries -- What's Next?

White, Shannon (MDE) WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Tue Nov 15 14:08:16 EST 2016

Below you can find a RIPL update. I know some Michigan library staff have attended the RIPL conferences in the past. If you are interested in attending one of their new opportunities take a look at their website to find out more. Also, don’t forget you can take advantage of the Library of Michigan Continuing Education Stipends to help fund your attendance.

Hello,

We’re excited to share what’s next for the Research Institute for Public Libraries (RIPL). Thanks to the generous support of the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), we will be taking RIPL on the road! Our IMLS grant is funding a series of state/regional events around the United States in 2017 and 2018 – the RIPL Regionals. These are scaled-down versions of the national data boot camp, and feature two days of intensive training for 50 participants in the state/surrounding region.

Interested in attending the larger, national event? The next one will occur in summer 2018 in Atlanta, Georgia.

You can find out more information on the RIPL website: https://ripl.lrs.org/. Thank you for your interest in RIPL!

Sincerely,

The RIPL Leadership Team

-------------------------
Shannon White
Director of Statewide Library Services
Library of Michigan
702 W. Kalamazoo
Lansing, MI 48909
www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan>
517.373.9489
Whites29 at michigan.gov

Linda Hofschire
Director, Library Research Service
Colorado State Library
[cid:imageec1627.PNG at c88d29c2.46898872]<http://www.cde.state.co.us>
P 303.866.6827
201 East Colfax Avenue, Room 309, Denver, CO 80203
Hofschire_L at cde.state.co.us<mailto:Hofschire_L at cde.state.co.us>  |  www.cde.state.co.us<http://www.cde.state.co.us>

[cid:image0dc4ad.PNG at 5c1b3a2a.4fb3d919]<https://www.facebook.com/codepted>  [cid:imagef6012e.PNG at 5f3b283f.4d86d103] <https://twitter.com/codepted>   [cid:image8ce6b2.PNG at 535ed830.4fa91b1b] <http://www.youtube.com/codeptofed>   [cid:image08551f.PNG at 6f3b8c77.4b8f3997] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/colorado-department-of-education/>

Email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, email cannot be used to transfer files containing personally identifiable information of educators or students. Contact the intended recipient to mutually determine enhanced security options for transferring such information.