[Michlib-l] Great Start and Libraries

Ray Arnett rarnett at fremontlibrary.net
Fri Mar 4 16:22:22 EST 2016

Hi all—

I am writing to ask for your help – I will be presenting at the Rural
Libraries Conference on the topic “Great Start and Libraries: Best
Practices for Working with the Great Start Collaboratives and Regional
Resource Centers.”

Below is a basic list I created of ways libraries might partner – I am
looking for additional ideas and stories to add!

Could you add your own ideas to my rudimentary list? I will be happy to
give credit and to share the information back as well.

I am breaking it down into categories of Simple, Stretch, and Super – just
to try and give it some order.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing back with all the great
ideas!

Ray Arnett

My List:

Simple

1.      Provide meeting spaces

2.      Attend collaborative meetings

3.      Attend parent coalition meetings

4.      Add collections of books and manipulatives for area childcare
providers (good for parents also)

Stretch

1.      Present at collaborative meetings

2.      Present at regional resource center advisory board meetings

3.      Provide trainings in early literacy and other topics

4.      Host a booth at Family Expo style events

5.      Learn about licensing and encourage providers to engage in the
Quality Rating Improvement System (QRIS)

6.      Encourage parents to use the Great Start website to find quality
childcare programs

Super

1.      Volunteer to serve as chair or vice-chair of the collaborative

2.      Volunteer to serve on the Regional Resource Committee

3.      Present training at an annual provider and/or parent event