[Michlib-l] Mission statement feedback

Marsh, Nyama N.Marsh at wfblibrary.org
Fri Mar 4 14:00:15 EST 2016

Hello Everyone. My library is revising its mission statement, as part of a larger strategic planning process. We are having some debate about the proposed changes. Please tell me which one you think is best or if you suggest a 3rd option.

1. CURRENT MISSION STATEMENT:
To be a cornerstone of the community by supporting an informed citizenry, promoting a love of learning and providing easy access to ideas, information and resources for patrons of all ages.

2. PROPOSED REVISION:
The Whitefish Bay Public Library is a cornerstone of the community, dedicated to connecting people of all ages, inspiring a love of learning and providing easy access to ideas, information and resources.

Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Nyama

Nyama Y. Marsh
Library Director
n.marsh at wfblibrary.org<mailto:n.marsh at wfblibrary.org>
414-755-6551 (direct line)

Whitefish Bay Public Library
5420 North Marlborough Drive
Whitefish Bay, WI 53217
414-964-4380 (main line)
"There are many ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." ~Jacqueline Kennedy
"Leaders don't force people to follow - they invite them on a journey." ~ Charles Lauer