[Michlib-l] Attendee Registration is Open for 2016 Small and Rural Libraries Conference
White, Shannon (MDE)
WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Mon Feb 1 18:17:00 EST 2016
We are happy to announce that online registration for attendees is now open for the 2016 Loleta Fyan Small and Rural Libraries Conference.
For information about how to register, please visit http://www.michigan.gov/fyanconference A link to the online registration can be found on the site and inside the Attendee Information Packet.
We strongly encourage you to read the full Attendee Information Packet before registering online and definitely BEFORE making hotel reservations.
The conference registration is $89 per person. This includes one round-trip ferry ticket on Shepler's Ferry, 5 meals and conference materials. Our special lodging rate at the Grand Hotel is $129 per room and includes a breakfast buffet. Please see the hotel reservation form for complete details on lodging.
1. Please check the Shepler's Ferry Schedule BEFORE you make your travel plans and hotel reservations. The 2016 schedule should be on the Shepler's site soon. You can also find information in the attendee packet. Check that you will be able to get to the island before making your hotel reservation or you may be subject to a processing fee if dates change.
2. You will receive a link to a PDF document online that can be used to make your hotel reservation directly with the Grand Hotel. You will only get the link to the hotel reservation form in your confirmation email and confirmation screen upon registration. Please check for this link. You may also call or email us for the link if you have already registered for the event. The hotel reservation form is hidden and NOT linked from the website. This rate is only available to registered attendees of our event.
3. Everyone must check that they either want a meal or don't want a meal in the online registration process. If you are not planning to join us for all meals then check no for the meals you will miss. This helps provide us an accurate account for catering and helps our budget. If you have dietary restrictions you have the opportunity to list them during the registration process under the Special Needs/Requirements area.
4. There are optional island carriage tours available during the conference. Full details and information on how to order tickets is provided in the Attendee Information Packet. The link will be available in a few days to register for a carriage tour.
5. A preliminary program showing program titles, dates and times is available on the website. A full program, with complete descriptions, will be posted later.
6. Attendee registration closes March 31. Also, the hotel must receive your reservation form and deposit by this date to guarantee the special rate.
7. Presenters should have already received their speaker agreements and information. Please use the information provided directly to you as a presenter to make registration and lodging arrangements.
8. If you have a guest with you that is not attending the event please use the special meal order form so they may join the group for meals. Contact us directly for more details. The meal order form can be found in the Attendee Information Packet.
If you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact us! We will be sending out more information about the conference throughout the registration period. Exhibitor registration will open later this week.
We look forward to seeing you on Mackinac Island later this year.
Library of Michigan
702 W. Kalamazoo
Lansing, MI 48909
Whites29 at michigan.gov
Check out the curated content on the LM homepage including state and national CE offerings, LM events, stats reports, headlines from around the library world and intriguing snapshots of our varied collections at http://michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Michlib-l