[Michlib-l] Dell computers from Netech through REMC

barringer at blissfieldlibrary.org barringer at blissfieldlibrary.org
Wed Oct 28 16:58:29 EDT 2015

Did anyone else buy Dell Computers through NeTech through the SPOT/TriG
program at REMC?   I bought ours in August and am just getting around to
setting them up.  They all appear to use French as an initial language.
Which is fine.  I'm not so Ameri-centric that I think English must be the
default language (much less American English).  But the computer seems to
think that it IS in English.  I set the region to Etats-Unis, the
application and keyboard ("Clavier") language to Anglais (Etats-Unis), along
with the time zone, and click "Suivant."  The software agreement that
follows in in French.  The tag at the bottom right corner says "ENG" which
tells me that it thinks it is in English.  When I hover over the ENG, I get
an option to switch to FRA (which I am already in, obviously).  Does anyone
know what to do?  Is there some obvious thing I am missing?  Do I have to
hire a staff of Quebecois?  While I think it might be interesting to force
all of my public access computer users to learn French, I'm hoping to find a
way out.  Si'l vous plait aider.

Bob Barringer, PhD

Director

407 S. Lane St.