[Michlib-l] BIG READ 2015 at Cromaine Library in Hartland!

Ceci Marlow cmarlow at cromaine.org
Fri Mar 27 16:44:21 EDT 2015

The 2015 Big Read at Cromaine Library kicks off tomorrow, Saturday,
March 28, at 10:00 am at the Cromaine Library in Hartland. This is the
library's seventh Big Read and we are VERY excited since this year we
are able to bring author, Tobias Wolff, of the Big Read book "Old
School" to Michigan. He'll speak Wednesday, April 22 at 7:00 pm at the
Hartland Music Hall. Many thanks to our sponsors--National Endowment for
the Arts and Arts Midwest, Friends of Cromaine Library, First National
Bank, Hartland Area Chamber of Commerce, Meijer, Walmart, Ranger's 4-H,
Livingston Daily and Marketing Impact/PrintComm.

Tomorrow, not only will we give away about 250 copies FREE of "Old
School" but we'll enjoy the music of the 1960s from our partners the
Livingston Women's Chorus from 11:30-12:30. The nine winners of the Big
Read Writing Contest will read their works aloud beginning at 10:00 am.
And, you can really immerse yourself in the lighter parts of the 60s by
playing Twister, Game of Life, painting a paint-by-number kit and dining
on the beverage of the astronauts--TANG!--while enjoying appetizers that
were faves--grape jelly meatballs, shrimp cocktail, asparagus roll-ups
and more!

Please be sure to check out our amazing line-up of events at
www.cromaine.org. We are fortunate to have three MSU scholars
coming--Kirsten Fermaglich to talk about name-changing in the 20th
century on April 2, and Stephen Rachmann and Ann Larabee in the April 15
panel called "An Evening with Hemingway, Frost, and Ayn Rand"--right out
of "Old School." M.L. Leibler and the "Beatles" will provide an
exceptional evening April 17, also at the Hartland Music Hall, with a
multimedia presentation (as only Leibler, slam poet and WSU prof can do).

Need more info? Call us at 810-632-5200. Register for events at
www.cromaine.org. We'd love to share this terrific series with you!