[Michlib-l] BedTime Math

Andy Schuck andy.schuck at westlandlibrary.org
Fri Jan 16 13:10:51 EST 2015

We're thinking about implementing the BedTime Math program this summer at our library. It looks like a lot of fun and a worthwhile investment of our time (one of our Associates taught elementary math in the past, tho all of our Youth staff are pretty excited). I was hoping to hear responses from other libraries who've tried it, specifically how you treated the 8 week timetable and getting kids to come to each one. It doesn't sound like every week builds on the next, though many do. How much of an issue is it if kids miss 1 week? I was also curious to hear if any libraries implement this during the school year and how often.

Please feel free to respond to me off list. Thank you in advance for your time,

Andy
Andy Schuck
Head of Youth Services
William P. Faust Public Library of Westland
6123 Central City Parkway
Westland, MI 48185
734-326-6123, ext. 2844
www.westlandlibrary.org

Raising a reader is: Talking * Singing * Reading * Writing * Playing