[Michlib-l] E-Rate - Consider not starting on the Form 471 today

Norris, Sonya (MDE) NorrisS2 at michigan.gov
Wed Jan 14 14:13:47 EST 2015

Greetings,

While there has been a lot of communication urging libraries to file the Form 471 early I would like to pass on that EdTech Strategies, the contractor paid by the Library of Michigan to provide expert E-Rate assistance through the co-op directors, is recommending:

For today, my best advice would be to urge your libraries to wait a bit before trying to submit applications.

Testing that took place on Monday proved frustrating and we are hoping for changes to be made to the form even at this point. In addition, SLD will likely issue some tips, guidance and so forth to help with the current form.

While it will be important to get started early, waiting a week or two might help in terms of either fixes or guidance that might help to reduce some of the issues that are likely to occur when trying to complete the form.

Sonya Schryer Norris

Library Consultant and Plinkit Coordinator
http://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan
http://www.mel.org<http://www.mel.org/>
http://www.michlibrary.org<http://www.michlibrary.org/>

Invest in a child's future today. Support the MDE Culture of Reading. www.michigan.gov/cultureofreading<http://www.michigan.gov/cultureofreading>