[Michlib-l] Supervised visits policies

Perri Saunders perri at monroe.lib.mi.us
Fri Jan 2 10:52:12 EST 2015

For those of you that were asking about guidelines for supervised visits - I've attached what we came up with.  I recognize the folly in developing a policy or guideline for certain people/situations, but we all know that that's why some policies are made.

I have chosen to call this a "library guideline" - a guideline for behavior of all people in the library that is shorter and easier to refer to than our patron behavior policy, but still follows the rules set there.

I have posted this guideline in the foyer and on the kid's room door, and have given it to (and talked about it with) the social worker in question.  It did make the supervised visit much more tolerable on Tuesday, and we hope it will improve other supervised visits as well.

Thanks for your input, and I hope our "guidelines" will help other libraries too.

Happy New Year!

Perri Saunders, Director
White Pigeon Township Library
102 N. Kalamazoo St., P.O. Box 399