[Michlib-l] Community Information Job Opportunity in SE Michigan

Margaret Bruni mbruni at detroitpubliclibrary.org
Mon Feb 23 18:27:40 EST 2015

Everybody Ready is the Wayne County Fiduciary for Early Childhood Programs in Wayne County. We are developing a website that will focus on serving families with young children, but limited resources, who live in Wayne County.

We are looking for a person who will identify and gather ongoing program, services, activities and opportunities for young families who have children ages 0-8 and have limited resources. The kind of information that we want gathered may include, but not be limited to:

    * All local library services and activities for young families (updated weekly)
    * Events at all local museums, the Zoo, the DIA, the Michigan Science Center etc. (updated weekly)
    * All family events, activities and programs at state, federal and municipal parks located in Wayne County (updated weekly)
    * Programs at local literacy programs
    * After School programs
    * Performing Arts clinics, institutes and camps
    * Summer food programs for children/families
    * More, more, more

No one does this type of research better than Librarians and I & R professionals. Our goal is to have an ongoing CURRENT list of opportunities by type, event date and zip code so that young families can go to our website and find all low cost/no cost programs, activities and opportunities that our region has to offer.

We anticipate a development stage, then a maintenance stage. This is an hourly position paying $20/hour. We have funding through September 30, 2015. We anticipate March and April as developmental (averaging 20 hours a week) and May through September as maintenance at approximately 5-7 hours a week.

This will be a powerful tool for young families.

Interested? Send a resume and letter telling why this engagement has your name on it to: admin at everybodyready.org