[Michlib-l] Online Programs and Summer Reading Webinar - Last chance to register!

Reish, Karren (MDE) ReishK at michigan.gov
Thu Feb 5 13:04:13 EST 2015

Our third Summer Reading webinar will be next week, Tuesday, February 10th at 2:00 pm. I will be presenting on Online Summer Reading Options: What Services Are Out There and What Can You Do With Them. The presentation description is "There are fee and free online summer reading sites and software out there and there are libraries doing badges, clubs and games. What is out there, where do you find it, and what does it cost? Once you pick something, how do you promote it and what should you look out for? Come talk to us and find out!"
You can register at the links below for this webinar as well as the March webinar. You can find the recording for the first two webinars, an overview of the 2015 program and using learning challenges, in the Summer Reading section at www.michigan.gov/youthlibraryservices<http://www.michigan.gov/youthlibraryservices>.
Please contact me if you have any questions!
________________________________
Our Winter Webinar Series is back! Looking for help with your Summer Reading program? These are four free one-hour webinars throughout the winter on hot Summer Reading topics. You can sign up for a small group session to talk with your colleagues about program basics and new program and outreach ideas. Please find registration links below. If you are unable to attend, please register to get a link to the recording after the webinar is complete.
Remaining Sessions

  *   Online Summer Reading Options: What Services Are Out There and What Can You Do With Them<http://www.solutionwhere.com/lom/cw/showcourse.asp?58>. Date: February 10th; Time: 2:00 pm; Presenter: Karren Reish, Library of Michigan
  *   School Visits and Summer Reading<http://www.solutionwhere.com/lom/cw/showcourse.asp?59>. Date: March 4th; Time: 2:00 pm; Presenter: Cynthia Zervos, Farmington Public Schools and Dottie Pheney, Farmington Community Library.
Join us for some great discussions this winter! Mideastern Michigan Library Cooperative is also hosting a workshop on Feb. 24th about reaching reluctant readers. Contact MMLC at http://www.mmlc.info/ for more information.

Karren Reish
Library Grants Coordinator
517-373-5700 f
reishk at michigan.gov<mailto:reishk at michigan.gov>