[Michlib-l] iPad for beginners

Mark Morton markmorton at lelandtownshiplibrary.org
Mon Dec 7 10:17:09 EST 2015

I use a handout that I created (attached) that is about as basic as I can get. The iPad does so many things that I try to do a few things that the workshop attendees will remember. I also depend heavily on questions from the attendees so they can get specific information on things that they are having problems with or may be interested in. I find that all the attendees usually get something from these questions. I also combine iPad and iPhone in these workshops since the operating systems are the same which makes the functionality virtually the same for both.

I tried a “iPad: Beyond the Basics” workshop but I had about half the attendees that needed the basics, so that it didn’t work out well with such a range of knowledge levels in the class.

I draw heavily from the New York Public Library website which has handouts available for their workshops in PDF form.

https://sites.google.com/a/nypl.org/techconnect/home/class-handouts-by-series

Mark Morton

Technical Services Librarian

Leland Township Library