[Michlib-l] Volunteers In the Library

Sharon Crotser-Toy scrotser-toy at alleganlibrary.org
Fri Aug 28 15:11:22 EDT 2015

I'm in need of some advice, and who better to ask!

We are overhauling our volunteer procedures and roles, and I'm wondering
how other libraries make use of their adult volunteers. Our volunteers are
primarily seeking court ordered community service, with a few long-term
Michigan Works folks and library lovers thrown in. We want to make the best
use of their time and ours but don't want to simply hand people a cleaning
rag -- even though that's something we frequently need!

What kinds of work are volunteers handling at your library and do you have
any written procedures you'd be willing to share?

Please feel free to reply to me off-list, if you'd like.

Thanks so much for your time!

-Sharon Crotser-Toy
Assistant Director
Allegan District Library