[Michlib-l] Employment: Adult Services Manager at Cromaine District Library

Ceci Marlow cmarlow at cromaine.org
Fri Apr 24 12:09:06 EDT 2015

*/Be a Connector and a Connection for Cromaine District Library!/*

*/Cromaine is The Place to Connect to--/*

*Learn *- technology, online education, new interest

*Enjoy*– discovery, enrichment, cultural and leisure activities

*People *– expertise, gatherings and groups, friends, legacy

We believe we are the place to connect—with warm and friendly staff, the
Web, and the community. If that’s your desire, interest, and future
vision, too, then we need you! We have a rare full-time opening for an
*Adult Services Manager.* Jeanne Smith will retire this June and has
held the combined position of Adult & Youth Services Manager, the
combining being a finance-driven decision. A Staffing & Compensation
Study led to the decision to again separate the two roles and
responsibilities. (Look separately for the Youth Services Manager
position, also full-time.) The Adult Services Manager will also take on
grant-writing, fundraising and development, a busy but fruitful activity
at Cromaine.

Cromaine District Library is located near the intersection of M-59 and
US-23—easy to get to from Detroit, Lansing, Ann Arbor, and Flint.
Cromaine-Village (built in 1927 and expanded in 1980) is the main
library with the largest collection and programming space, but we also
offer a popular collection and an increasing number of programs at the
Crossroads Branch, in a strip mall, established 2005. (At this writing,
a May 5 ballot proposal’s success or failure determines the continuation
of the Crossroads Branch.)

Cromaine wins grants, including National Endowment for the Arts’ The Big
Read--our seventh year’ series, including a visit by author Tobias
Wolff, was just completed. Grants for technology in Youth, local
business sponsorships for a summer concert series, exhibits from the
Smithsonian and to be a pilot for a national grant program—we are a
place to connect to culture, music, technology, makers, as well as
reading in every format. We offer Color Nooks and Kindles loaded with
bestsellers for check-out; IPads, tablets, and laptops (in addition to
desktops) for use in the building. We are an OverDrive (TLN’s Download
Destination) plus Advantage, hoopla and Zinio library.

$21.11 per hour to start, 40 hours per week; includes some evenings and
weekends. MLA membership and national conference attendance (in
rotation) paid. After successful completion of the 90-day introductory
period, an increase to $22.50 is planned. Paid benefits include
vacation, sick and business time; health insurance for employee; life
and disability insurance for employee, as well as health savings
accounts, immediately vested retirement, and employee-paid AFLAC programs.

Share your love for new technologies and public service with a community
that loves its library and its library staff even more. Send your
application (available at www.cromaine.org--Cromaine News &
Info--Forms), resume and a cover letter to “Adult Services Manager” at
Cromaine or e-mail (preferred to be “green”) to brentola at cromaine.org
<mailto:brentola at cromaine.org> by May 8, 2015—position applications
accepted until filled. We hope, however, you’ll begin June 2 for a
month’s overlap and training.