[Michlib-l] Expanded MAP Program Launch Is One Month From Today!!! May 24, 2015

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Fri Apr 24 10:59:14 EDT 2015

All,

I am very pleased to share with you a number of details/updates regarding the upcoming launch of hugely expanded MAP, which will take place exactly one month from today, May 24, 2015.

First, the new MAP "brochure" for 2015-2016 is ready. Brigette at TLN did a TON of work over the course of the past several months to compile all of the information to produce this booklet. Brigette calls it a "brochure" but she shouldn't be that modest about it. The link to the new MAP booklet is here: http://tln.lib.mi.us/map/Files/MAP%20Brochure.pdf You may print your own copy or copies of the booklet for your staff and patrons if you choose. We will be sending one copy of the booklet to every library, along with two posters (available here http://tln.lib.mi.us/map/) prior to May 24. Brigette will also be updating the online MAP booklet on average once per month or so, as needed, to reflect the addition of new MAP partners.

Second, the renewal rate of current MAP partners for next year currently stands at over 85%! And we have another month to go for the remaining 15% to commit to the renewal :) Probably not every one of the remaining 15% will do so, for various reasons, but I am pretty certain that most will. And we are still in recruiting mode for new venues, too. Remember, YOU are our best ambassadors in your communities when it comes both to recruitment of new MAP partner venues, as well as retention of current partners.

Third, usage of MAP continues to grow. With exactly one month remaining in this MAP year, we have already circulated 38% more passes in 11 months of MAP this year, than we did in 12 months of MAP last year. Nice work, everybody!

Fourth, in advance of as well as thereafter launch, there will be a series of MAP kick-off events held at libraries and museums around the state. Details regarding those to follow soon.

Fifth, also in the promotion and publicity department, the new press release for MAP is nearly ready. We will share it with everyone as soon as it is finished. And thanks to Sharon at St. Clair County Library, I will be doing a live interview about the MAP program on radio station WPHM AM 1380 in Port Huron at 7:40 a.m. on Thursday, May 28.

Again, be sure to check out Brigette's brand new MAP booklet at http://tln.lib.mi.us/map/Files/MAP%20Brochure.pdf We consider it our signature promotional piece when it comes to informing patrons about MAP. It will look very nice on your library's website, too :)

Thank you for your support and promotion of the Michigan Activity Pass program.

Sincerely,

Jim Flury

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager