[Michlib-l] Reorganization of Children/Adult DVD Collections

Jaema Berman jberman at tln.lib.mi.us
Thu Apr 16 17:01:22 EDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

We are reorganizing our DVD collections and wonder how you manage it. In the past, we collected award winning, R rated and family themed movies in the Adult Collection and cartoons and animation in the Children's Collection. We have recently broadened our Adult Collection by adding more films with adult themes and are looking to remove the "family oriented movies" to the Children's Collection.

Do you mainly look at the ratings and divide your collections into Adults: R and PG13, Teens PG and PG13 and Children: G and PG? Or do you put them all together with proper labeling to guide patrons? Also, do you call your DVD collections anything other than Adult, Teen or Child/Youth? I appreciate your insight and advice.

Sincerely,

Jaema

--
Jaema Berman
Director

“Today a reader, tomorrow a leader.”
Margaret Fuller
1810-1850
Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested. ~ Francis Bacon