[Michlib-l] Details on device purchasing through Technology Readiness Infrastructure Grant (TRIG)

Norris, Sonya (MDE) NorrisS2 at michigan.gov
Thu Apr 9 14:29:51 EDT 2015

Greetings,

Earlier this week, I announced that libraries are being let in on the opportunity to purchase technology hardware through a cooperative bid put together by the education community, specifically the Technology Readiness Infrastructure Grant (TRIG) program. Below I have some additional information about how the process works.

To order tech devices from the device purchasing bid, libraries (and schools) will need a SPOT account. Here is an FAQ about the process: http://22itrig.org/activities/activity-four/spot-faqs/. Please note that libraries will need to choose "Non-public" in the drop-down when they register as a SPOT user. This does not refer to your status as a library, it's a quirky field that originally applied to schools only.

*       The order form will be at www.remcbids.org<http://www.remcbids.org>.

*       If you have questions or need help with the SPOT registration and ordering process, please email spothelp at remc.org<mailto:spothelp at remc.org>.

*       Please note that the purchasing window opens on April 15th and will extend longer than my initial announcement. Purchasing extends to 9/30/15.

*       For full program information, please refer to the Statewide Device Purchasing Program website: http://22itrig.org/activities/activity-four/

Sonya Schryer Norris
Library Consultant
Library of Michigan