[Michlib-l] Larry Martin's WWII In Their Own Words

Smith, Donna smithdm at myjdl.com
Wed Jun 11 14:02:59 EDT 2014

Larry Martin's WWII- In Their Own Words program was held at the Spring Arbor Branch of the Jackson District Library on Saturday, June 7, 2014

Homer Jackson of Spring Arbor, was featured in Larry's DVD interview and Homer's comments after brought his story to life.  Homer was a pilot of a B-29 bomber, which was one of the  most powerful at that time.  Mr. Jackson was enthusiastic to tell his story and the group of visitors enjoyed the presentation.  At this program we also had four other gentlemen who served in WWII, a submarine vet, PT Boat vet, a Seabee and another from the Navy.

Mr. Martin also brought memorabilia from the war.  One of the more interesting pieces was a silk map that was included in a pilot's and crew's life jackets along with other items to help them if their plane went down.

Thank you Larry Martin and Homer Jackson !

Please watch for four more of Larry's programs starting August 2 with Army Combat Engineer, Bob Dietsch; September 6 with Sam Willoughby, RAF; October 4 with Russian Lieutenant, Lezer Kelektor; and November 1 with Jim Lewis a Submarine crew member. Each event with feature a personal appearance by the WWII Veterans.

Donna

Donna Smith
Marketing Officer

[JDL Logo CMYK 300dpi small no shadow]

244 W. Michigan Avenue
Jackson, MI 49201
517-788-4099, ext. 1314
Fax: 517-788-6024
www.myjdl.com<http://www.myjdl.com/>

Inspiring our community to discover, learn and succeed!