[Michlib-l] Wireless Printing

Mark Morton markmorton at lelandtownshiplibrary.org
Tue Jul 22 17:02:12 EDT 2014

We are getting  more and more requests from patrons to connect directly to
our public printer with their own devices such as laptops and iPads. Our
current printer does not have wireless connectivity and we are looking at
replacing it (we call it Bob Marley because it keeps on jammin') We are
questioning if we should get one with wireless capability and connect it our
public wireless network so other devices besides our public access computers
can use it.

I'm wondering if other libraries allow patron devices to connect to their
printers and whether or not there been a lot of technical difficulties
associated with letting people do this?

Mark

Mark Morton

Technical Services Librarian