[Michlib-l] MAP: July 1 Almost A Record Setting Day!

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Wed Jul 2 11:08:31 EDT 2014

All,

In perusing the Michigan Activity Pass (MAP) stats this morning I learned that yesterday, July 1, we came within one checkout of setting an all-time record for most MAP passes checked out in a single day! The all-time record was set, as you would expect, on the debut go-live date of the statewide online MAP program, which was May 24, 2013. Many of your library patrons will enjoy visiting neat attractions during the upcoming long holiday weekend, venues such as the Grand Traverse Lighthouse http://www.grandtraverselighthouse.com/ Michigan Science Center http://www.mi-sci.org/ Yankee Air Museum http://www.yankeeairmuseum.org/ and the University of Michigan Museum of Natural History http://www.lsa.umich.edu/ummnh/ all courtesy of the MAP program.

Why is MAP usage UP nearly 10% ytd vs. last year? Because of you! How do we know this? My TLN colleague Brigette incorporated a SurveyMonkey survey into the MAP website for this year. In the survey the first question Brigette asks library patrons is:

How did you hear about the Michigan Activity Pass program?

Brigette shared with me this morning the results of the surveys that have been completed so far, and the answers from patrons to that question were overwhelmingly that they learned about MAP either via:

1. The library building--meaning interaction with staff, or via the posters, brochures and bookmarks we created/you printed and are displaying in your building

or

2. The library website

This means YOU! So, pat yourselves on the back, or take a bow, or something, and know we and more importantly your patrons, appreciate your support and promotion of the Michigan Activity Pass (MAP) program.

Sincerely,

Jim Flury

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager